Train Hard. Beat Yourself.
The course is set on mountainous terrain and is a mix of easy-ascent slopes to treacherous rocky outcrops. It requires you to climb and descent technical sections. As this race, organized by Grand Indian Trails, does not require a medical certificate, participants are asked to please understand and accept the risks of accidents that can be caused by the race. To be able to enjoy the race, it is recommended for participants to practice regularly.
The participants must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years of age or older before February 8, 2020 to take part in 30K, 50K, 80K and 110K and 12 years of age or older to take part in 11K Kalsubai Challenge.
- Races run after 01-Jan-2019 will only be considered as a qualifying race for Deccan Ultra 2020.
- There is no qualifying criteria for the 11K Kalsubai Challenge categories.
- For registering for 30K, one must have completed a Half Marathon in 02:30Hrs or have done a mountain trek in the Himalayas or Western Ghats.
- For registering for 50K, one must have completed a Full Marathon in 05:00Hrs or any Ultra Marathon within the cut-off time prescribed by the organisers of the race. For 12hr runs like stadium runs, one must have atleast run 50kms.
- For registering for the 80K, one must have completed an Ultra marathon (atleast 60KMs) with a minimum elevation gain of 1000m within the cut-off specified by the organisers of that race.
- For registering for the 110K, one must have completed an Ultra marathon (atleast 90KMs) with a minimum elevation gain of 2000m within the cut-off specified by the organisers of that race.